– Collaborate with customer to gather requirements and to understand their business processes.
– Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture,
– Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
– Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
– Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using Spark, SQL and Azure ‘big data’ technologies.
– Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
– Use tools to deploy and monitor the performance of the systems in production.
– Demonstrate knowledge and real-world experience on Big data technologies. A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
– Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
– Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
– Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
– We are looking for a candidate with > 2+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role. They should also have experience using the following software/tools:
– Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
– Experience with relational SQL databases such as Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL or Postgres.
– Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc.
– Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
– Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
– For senior data engineers also should have demonstrable experience in
– Project management and organizational skills.
– Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
– Good Academic track record preferred
– Some experience on visualization tools such as PowerBI/Tableau or other BI tools will be beneficial.
– Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field
– 2+ years of relevant experience.
– Negotiable salary.
Max Gross Salary (USD)1,501 - 2,000
Related Jobs (4)
Data Engineer in Jakarta, Indonesia (USD2,000 a month) on May 1, 2019 Full Time
[Onsite INDONESIA] Data Engineer (Middle – Senior) on December 4, 2018 Full Time
Data Engineer (Middle – Senior) to work in Jakarta for an Indonesian Bank on November 26, 2018 Full Time
JD027 – Associate ETL Consultant with BI (preferable) experience on April 22, 2018 Full Time